Introduction & policy
If your child is at home because their bubble has been sent home, or because they are self isolating, it is very important to us that we all continue to be part of the Sennen School community. We want to make sure that you and your family feel fully supported during this time so we will be using this page to sign post you to government information, access to our home learning pages and links to other information and activities that will be useful.
We fully appreciate that everyone's home situation is different and that many people will be juggling child care, works and taking care of your families. We are hoping to provide you with flexible options to help at this difficult time and are on hand to support you as needed.
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" - Albert Einstein
We are very lucky to have such creative and independent children and families and we are confident that lots of you will be able to seize some opportunities to follow your children's interests during this time, whatever those may be! Remember, everything is an opportunity to learn!
We will be setting work via our online platforms for your child but don't forget you can still try to:
- Read as much as possible - either you reading to your child or your child reading to you.
- Keep up mental maths skills - if the children came back to school knowing their number bonds and times tables we would be over the moon!
- Talk - about your day, interests, your feelings (good and bad) or whatever takes your fancy,
- Play - role play, construct, board games, card games and made up games.
- Create - with pencils, paper, paint, junk, lego or anything you can find.
- Relax - be together, be each other's security.