Special Educational Needs
We want every child to leave Sennen School wanting and determined to make a difference to the world, and having the skills to do so. In order to do this, we believe that we have to enable the children to be emotionally intelligent, resilient and brave, so that they will stand up for what is right and be ambassadors of social justice.
Our core offer to all children is to provide High Quality Inclusive Teaching
- High expectations for all pupils
- Environment and resources to promote independent learning
- Well planned lessons with differentiated learning objectives and success criteria as required
- Reasonable adjustments and well planned SEND provision in class
- Range of effective teaching strategies
- Effective challenge by use of varied pitch and pace
- Good modelling by adults
- High level questioning
- High levels of engagement
- Opportunity for individual and group discussion
- Opportunity for pupils to work independently and collaboratively
- Effective feedback to move pupils on in their learning
- Encouragement and praise to engage and motivate pupils
- Self & peer assessment opportunities
- Well trained additional adults effectively deployed
Our Special Education Needs Coordinator in Rebecca Thomas.
She is contactable on email@example.com
Empty! Please add a resource.